In early February 2016, BeCause received a request to help with a fund raising effort by Assisi Palliative Care (“ASPAC”), a hospice NGO headed by Dr. Patricia Por.
In April, BeCause Committee members decided this is a worthy cause to support. A meeting was set up with ASPAC key board members, Drs Patricia Por and Violet How to discuss and work out the following areas which we can contribute in relation to a fund raising dinner at Yuk Chai School, Taman Megah on 24th September 2016:
- To provide volunteers/manpower during the fund raising dinner
- To help with administering and keeping records of funds received
- To source for entertainers and performers for the evening
- To look for videographers and photographers
- To help look for dinner table sponsors at RM3,000, RM5,000, and RM10,000 per table.
- To help create and promote awareness of ASPAC’s cause
As of to-date, about RM300,000 has been raised, mostly via dinner tables sales. The targeted amount to be raised to fund ASPAC’s activities is RM500k.
BeCause humbly appeal to all to support ASPAC’s cause so that it can continue its free hospice services to many more and their families who needed such help in their most difficult time but who cannot afford such professional services.
Click for ASPAC’s Public Appeal Letter.