Malaysia Fundraising Awards 2012 and IWRM!!!
Because is happy to be part of the organising committee to host the Malaysia Fundraising Awards 2012! Because will contribute to this exciting event as the secretariat. We are looking for 6 – 7 volunteers to help us!
About the Malaysia Fundraising Awards 2012
Malaysia Fundraising Awards
Since 2004 the Resource Alliance has launched eight awards programmes in the Asia Pacific region. The Malaysia Fundraising Awards 2012 will be the third awards programme in Malaysia.
The awards focus on:
- Rewarding organisations that demonstrate strategic fundraising practices and can campaign
- Identifying and strengthening successful fundraising practices
- Sharing stories, case studies and other innovations.
NGOs from all over Malaysia are invited to enter the competition provided that they:
- are be registered in Malaysia as an NGO
- have been working for a minimum of three years towards social and environmental transformation
- organisations that propagate political or religious doctrines are excluded from participation.
NGOs are invited to enter the Awards under one or more of four categories.
Categories for Organisations:
- Big Idea, Small Budget
- Innovative Fundraising Campaign
Categories for Individuals:
- The National Fundraiser of the Year
- The Outstanding Volunteer
- The awards winner will get a free place to attend the International Workshop on Resource Mobilisation (IWRM) Asia 2012 from 3-6 July 2012
- The awards ceremony will take place on 5 July at Eastin Hotel where you will have the opportunity to network with more than 150 NGO representatives and donors
- The winners will be invited to enter the Global Awards 2012 (in the Netherlands in October 2012/13) and have an opportunity to compete against the best fundraisers in the world.
How to enter
Candidates should complete an entry form and submit this to the Resource Alliance by the 15 June 2012 deadline. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
Please email entries to email@example.com
Or post to:
International Programmes team
The Resource Alliance
56-64 Leonard Street
London, EC2A 4LT
Please contact the awards team with any questions on firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Support the Malaysia Fundraising Awards
To celebrate the Malaysia Fundraising Awards, the awards ceremony will take place at a charity Gala Dinner on 5 July 2012. We would like to give you the opportunity to support local Malaysian NGOs by sponsoring a table at the awards ceremony.
Feel free to print this appeal letter out and pass to your contacts who would be interested to sponsor a table or two 🙂
3) About the International Workshop on Resource Mobilisation (IWRM) Asia 2012
The charity Gala Dinner will take place during the International Workshop on Resource Mobilisation (IWRM) Asia 2012.
The International Workshop on Resource Mobilisation (IWRM) Asia is a 3-4 day conference focused on providing comprehensive training in all aspects of resource mobilisation and sustainable fundraising techniques. Through a vibrant mixture of hands-on ‘how to’ Workshops and high-energy Plenaries, our aim is to equip participants with a thorough grounding in resource mobilisation theory, as well as a set of practical techniques with which to build their fundraising capacity.
Other important details about the workshop sessions and how to register visit us at www.resource-alliance.org/iwrm/asia
If you are interested to pitch in or just curious to know what is it like to help organise a charity event of this magnitude, contact Su An at email@example.com.